Monday, December 8, 2008

Radio on Sunday With Paul...


Don't much recall ever mentioning this man on the blog. The only reason for that is I do believe he likes his privacy. If there's a microsopce nearby, he doesn't want to be under it. Life in TV can be a soap opera, I don't think he ever cared for that component of the biz. Among his many qualities exists a healthy measure of modesty.

This is Paul Stueber. A little picture of a big man. A big man in so many fine ways, so many admirable ways. It's the best photo I could find.

Paul Stueber is a friend. He's also been a mentor, colleague, and he used to be the boss man. In his role as boss, Paul was a protector of sorts in that last job of mine. When Paul went, I knew there was every chance my days were numbered. They, of course, were.

Listen, I don't want to do is lay it on so thick as to embarrass this guy. That being said, you really need to know that he possesses what I consider to be the finest resume that has ever passed through this television market. He is smart, savvy, and "been there and done that" more than anyone I know who has worked, or works now, in the broadcasting business. It really is that straightforward; Paul Stueber is one of a kind.

This coming Sunday, the ever-gracious Paul has invited me to join him on his monthly radio show on WILK. It'll be my pleasure to be right there. I hope you'll listen, if only to learn more about this guy. Noon to 2:00 PM. Paul will lead, I'll follow wherever he wants to go. I look very forward to it.