Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thanks, Joe...


Some days, some weeks, are interesting.

Some are drier than dust.

Some days I get an e-mail every seven minutes, and I mean e-mails that are important, not mail trying to talk me into buying Viiagara or Xantax.

All in all, last week was a really good one. Thanks, Joe.

The highlight, of course, was being back on the teevee with Joe Snedeker. This was the second time Joe was gracious enough to have us on with him from WNEP's Backyard. The occasion was our SPCA's 18th Annual Walk for The Animals. Joe makes us way beyond comfortable when we visit, we feel genuinely welcome.

Joe lets us come up with a couple dogs and talk up our event live on the air. Thanks, Joe. He even has me do a little weather before I'm through, which still makes me smile. To look at myself in a monitor and see WNEP's logo sitting along the bottom right of the screen cracks me up. It's one of those "I never thought I'd live to see the day..." deals.

Above you have Joe as he looks today. Below you have Joe as he looked at some undisclosed time in the past. The Joe The Younger photo is there because it happens to be floating around on the net. A remnant, I'm guessing, from a previous incarnation of WNEP's website. The photos are for comparison only.

If that visit with Joe wasn't alone more fun than a guy my age should be allowed to have without medication, I actually got to talk about anal glands on live television, which is another "...live to see the day" things.

Joe got down and scooted, asking why dogs do that.

I suppose I could have made some goofy remark about dogs recognizing its entertainment value and in their neverending efforts to amuse and entertain us, they scoot. They scoot, we laugh.

Fact is, they have an itch in need of a big scratch, scooting feels just fine. It's all about their anal glands. Thanks, Joe, for letting me say "anal glands" on your show. Anal gland issues can be serious, just ask your vet.

"The only thing constant in life is change..." may be a corny old saying, but there's a ton of truth in it. Things change. Change, can be good, healthy, and beneficial. Whatever it is, it is.

That being true and said, let me confess to one thing not changing, and that would be the way I feel when in a radio or television station.

I feel right at home. I feel like I belong there. Of course, it's really little more than conditioning. Having spent thirty-plus years in broadcasting, it would only make sense that it's a comfortable environment for me.

So, to Joe Snedeker and everyone at WNEP, thanks for having us on. Maybe next time around we can finish that conversation on anal glands.