Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 5,000th...

It's not often you get to offer congratulations on a 5,000th anything. As most already know, Daniels and Webster are about to hit that milestone at Rock107. It's been a long time.

I see John and Jay often enough to know that, our "careers" of twenty, thirty, or more years pass in the blink of any eye. For me, thirty-three years in the broadcasting biz feels like it was maybe nine or ten years, that it stretches back to the '90s and not the early '70s that it does.

That this morning show, this team, has managed to not only survive, but hugely succeed, for the years they have is nothing short of remarkable.

Broadcasting is a nasty business. That's Life may nail it straightest and best, "...ridin' high in April, shot down in May." If you've been there, done that, got the coffee mug, t-shirt, and the frisbee, you know that to be true.

To further Sinatra-ize this, "Regrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention." And that is the honest-to-God truth.

So it is with great sincerity that I wish Daniels, Webster, Miller, and DiRienzo my heartfelt congratulations on achieving that which really few others have, past or present, in this radio market.

To have been a part of it once is a source of great pride with me.; it carries legitimate bragging rights.

I'll end with this: In my over three decades of broadcasting, the best work I ever did, and I do mean EVER, was the work I did with D&W.