Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Obama said they also want to adopt a puppy from an animal shelter..."

Dear Mr. Obama;

Greetings and congratulations from the heart of NE PA!

Now that you've brought the subject up, sir, I think you're pretty much stuck with it.

While we can't offer either, or both, of these two gorgeous pups, we always have others. See, these little babies were adopted about a month or so ago, but they were indeed in our shelter and in our tender loving care for a time.

OK, I know there are hundreds(at least)of other animal shelters in the mid-Atlantic region of the USA, and I know there are thousands of homeless dogs out there worthy of your consideration, but if I failed to publicly ask, that would make me derelict in my duty. So, here I am asking.

You're on record as saying you want to adopt from a shelter. Surely you'll want to stick with that idea, it's a noble one at that, and a really nice thing to do. How about from our shelter?

If you'll adopt from us at The SPCA of Luzerne County, I'll pay the adoption fee as my inaugural present to you, the First Lady, and your loving daughters.

You have friends around here. Joe Biden, Bobby Casey, they're both from right up the road and they can probably attest to what a great organization this is. You and Senator Casey ate waffles one morning very near our shelter. Listen, when you come to pick up that puppy, breakfast is also on me. Hope to hear from you soon!

Oh, would you consider adopting a couple of really beautiful kitties, too? Thank you...