Wednesday, August 27, 2008

WARM, Yonki, and Me...

WARM? David Yonki? Me? In common, what do we have in common?

For starters, we both grew up listening to, and in awe of, The Mighty 590. Mythical, magical, absurdly beyond the ordinary, WARM held the concrete fascination of generations here in NE PA. To my good fortune, I was a member of one of those generations, as was Mr. Yonki. (Dave and I are also both political-weenie/junkies of the devoted kind, a story for another time, another place.)

Dave has unveiled his latest project, a tribute site devoted to WARM. If you spend way too much time on the net, and most of us do, you know that countless radio stations, AMs long fallen from popularity, have tribute sites. WARM's, in my opinion, is long overdue.

It is now here. Visit, enjoy, and David, let me be among the first to "...wish you well in your future endeavors."

While I have had at least a few unspoken thoughts over the years, really, I do have more than a few things to say about WARM. As David, and a good many others know, my reflections are not all WARM and fuzzy. My perspective comes from both sides of the fence.

Think, "Great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there..." and you'll get a feel for where I'll wander before too long.

David, I love the site, I will visit often, and thanks to your generosity and graciousness, I will share my thoughts. Thanks!